Monday, July 10, 2006

Take My Life and Let it Be!

This is the title of the Hymn written by a lady by the name of Frances Harvergal. Looked up the background of this hymn the other day. The hymn writer is offering all that she was unto the Lord whom she loved. She had been through trials, tribulation and pain. Even long after she had written the hymn, she still prayed through each line in this hymn seeking to make it a reality in her life. I want to bring your attention to verse 4:


Take my silver & my gold,
not a mite, I would I withold;
take my intellect and use
every power as thou shalt choose.


As Frances wrote & indeed Prayed "Take my silver & my gold" she was I'm sure seeking God to see how she could take action. She did take action. She took her 50 fine pieces of Jewellry and gave them to the Womens Missionary Society.

Lets give all that we are unto God but be prepared to take action.

No comments: