Monday, November 06, 2006

God's purposes and answered prayer

Proverbs 16:9 (New International Version)
In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps.

Since June I keep being drawn back to these verses in proverbs which speak about God's purpose. Not only that I know it as a reality as God works out his purpose in my life. In June my wife, accepted a post and I have now during this past week accepted a postition which will mean my wife will be staying at home and I will be going back to work.
In the answered prayer (you will see a link to post below) I noted that we continued to seek to keep our ears open to what the Lord would say to us. We do not want to be in the path of least resistance but hopefully trying to actively hear what the Lord has to say to us.
____________________
Brian Robertson has a post on the theme of The path of least resistance

Other posts on purposes:
Purposes, Purposes, Purposes (October 24th)
God's purpose will prevail (June 30th) details the verses in Proverbs about God's purpose.
Answered Prayer (June 22nd)

No comments: