Thursday, September 28, 2006

Has God Forgotten You?

Sometimes we get that feeling when we come to him in prayer. The young women in Philip yancey quote had a wee niggle I wonder if God is really hearing me? She was resassured that God hadnt forgotten. Came across these couples of verses:

Isaiah 49:14-16

But Zion said, "The LORD has forsaken me, the Lord has forgotten me." "Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne? Though she may forget, I will not forget you! See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are ever before me.

The baby is so dependent on her mother for that loving care in those early days. NO matter where that mother is she cannot forget him/her even long after the baby begins to get independent and having to make their own choices. They call it "mother instinct". For some this verse is difficult to handle for they know that their own mother has seemed to forget about them and neglected them. But take encouragement from this verse Gods compassion for you remains the same! He will never forget about you!
Did you ever get in trouble for writing on your hand? Well it is still something I do. For some it serves as a reminder. Again we see that zions name is engraven on his hands. It cannot be removed.

In the difficult times remind yourself afresh God is interested in you. He is a good and faithful God. Lets turn back to praise...........

No comments: