Saturday, September 30, 2006

In Christ alone..

A couple of years back I brought a new song worship CD. Rather than rush to put on the CD, I thought I would take a wee look a the words to see if any of the songs stuck me as one I wanted to learn. At this point I had never heard of the song In Christ Alone but the words of the song struck me. It speaks to us about Christ, his life and death and ressurection. It has spoken to many folks as they have gone through difficulty. In recent iraq war, it spoke to a soldier who was going through the pain, emotion of the war. As I have written these posts over these past days, the final verse of this song kept coming to mind. I have underlined a phrase here.

No guilt in life, no fear in death,
This is the power of Christ in me;
From life's first cry to final breath,
Jesus commands my destiny.
No power of hell, No scheme of man,
Can ever pluck me from his hand;

Til he returns or calls me home.
Here in the power of Christ I'll stand!

Stuart Townend & Keith Getty, 2001

Wow these are amazing words and worth remembering! Lets turn back to praise!

No comments: