Sunday, December 10, 2006

prepare your heart

This advent my heart and prayer is that I would be lost in wonder, lost in worship. It is therefore important that I prepare my heart!

The following speak about preparing the way of the Lord:

Isaiah 40:3-5
"Listen! I hear the voice of someone shouting, Make a Highway for our the LORD through the wilderness. Make a straight smooth road through the desert for our God. Fill the valleys and level the hills. Straighten out the curves and the rough spots. Then the glory of the LORD will be revealed and all the people will see it together. The Lord has spoken"

Old Testament prophets often prophesied about this Messiah. They were living in the anticipation of this messiah coming. There was really something to Look forward to. John the Baptist preached about message of repentance and forgiveness but he was not even worthy to tie the straps of Jesus' shoes, the gospel Mark tells us. Why was John the Baptist preaching? To prepare the hearts to welcome the new born King!

My prayer would be that many hearts would be prepared to hear this message. I would pray that this message of Jesus would always burn in my heart.

No comments: