Tuesday, May 30, 2006

I Will Honour the Father's Name

The phrase I want to look at within this post is "hallowed be your name" in the Lord's Prayer. Hallowed means to honour his name - recognising that the heavenly Father we have addressed in prayer is holy. This means we do not take his name in vain (like the 10 commandments speak about) but lift his name on high. From day to day to we see demonstration of His Lordship and in return, we should turn and honour his name. A couple of verses from Ezekiel, demonstrate this:

Ezekiel 36:22-23

"Therefore say to the house of Israel, 'This is what the Sovereign LORD says: It is not for your sake, O house of Israel, that I am going to do these things, but for the sake of my holy name, which you have profaned among the nations where you have gone. I will show the holiness of my great name, which has been profaned among the nations, the name you have profaned among them. Then the nations will know that I am the LORD, declares the Sovereign LORD, when I show myself holy through you before their eyes.

No comments: