Monday, May 01, 2006

Philippians Prayer: Special Place in my Heart

I titled these next couple verses as " a special place in my heart" as New living translation translates verse seven as Phillippians having a special place in Paul's heart.

Verses 7-8 (NIV):
It is right for me to feel this way about all of you, since I have you in my heart; for whether I am in chains or defending and confirming the gospel, all of you share in God's grace with me. God can testify how I long for all of you with the affection of Christ Jesus.

Paul in these verses has desribed for the reader the feeling he has for these partners in the gospel at Philippi. Paul tells them that they have a special place in his heart. Why? Becuase they have continued to share with Paul whether he was in prison or he was defending the gospel. In verse 8, he calls God as a witness, the affection he feels for those at Philippi. Paul knew that they were supporting him in whatever he was doing in the Lord service. If you have been called to do something by the Lord - isnt it encouraging when you know there are others walking along side you supporting you along the way.
In the verses that follow, he shares with them the prayer he has for them. We will look at these over the next couple of posts.

No comments: