Sunday, April 23, 2006

Paul's Prayer for The Ephesians Part 5

NO Limits!
Have you ever tried to compartmentalise God? This is what we try to do in so many areas of our life and before we know it - we are doing it in our prayer life with our heavenly Father. Below is the doxology (closing lines of praise & glory you could call it):

Verse 20-21:
Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever!Amen.

I wonder what do you ask God for or what do you imagine he can do? Paul is telling us He is well and truly able to do more than we can think or imagine. I can come to prayer BUT come out with a different result. Why because Father whom the whole family derives its name knows the best for his family.
In these closing verses, he acknowleges three things:
1) God will work out his plan for you
2) His power will be at work in us!
3) the church should work only for His glory

Prayer:
Father, I pray you would work out your plan for me, that your power would be at work in me and that I would always seek your glory in all that I do.

No comments: